Department of Mathematics
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0350
Office: Gordon Palmer Hall 223A
Tel: (205) 348-5072
CV and Online Identifiers
Full CV (last updated on 12/11/2022)
Google Scholar Citations
AMS MathSciNet Author Profile
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Brown University, Advisor: Prof. Chi-Wang Shu, 08/2014 - 05/2018.
- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 08/2014 - 05/2015.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, School of the Gifted Young, University of Science and Technology of China, Advisor: Prof. Falai Chen, 09/2010 - 07/2014.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, The University of Alabama, 08/2021 - Present.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, The Ohio State University, Mentor: Prof. Yulong Xing, 08/2018 - 08/2021.
- Intern, Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Mentor: Dr. Cory Hauck, Summers 2017 & 2018.
My research primarily focuses on numerical methods for partial differential equations. Specific topics of interest include:
- Discontinuous Galerkin finite element methods.
- Time discretization methods.
- Structure-preserving methods for physical and biological models.
- Numerical methods for kinetic models and hyperbolic problems.